Rabbi Capptauber’s High Holy Day Sermons for 2023
Here are the full texts of some of the sermons that Rabbi Capptauber delivered during the 2023 high holy days (Hebrew year 5784):
Here are links to organizations supporting Israel’s democracy that you can consider donating to, as suggested in Rabbi Capptauber’s Kol Nidrei sermon:
- The America-Israel Democracy Coalition: America-Israel Democracy Coalition is a U.S. based, non-partisan, non-affiliated, 501(c)(3) approved organization, dedicated to educating, strengthening, and preserving the democratic foundations of the State of Israel. The organization stands for the values of equality, pluralism, freedom, and justice, values enshrined in Israel’s Declaration of Independence.
- Kaplan Force: As the largest civic, democratic, and liberal group in the country, this organization utilizes lawful means to safeguard Israel from any potential threats to its democratic principles and ensure its continued progress.
- The Movement for Quality Government in Israel: An independent, non-partisan NGO that has promoted values of democracy, transparency, and civic engagement for over 25 years.
- Israel Religious Action Center (IRAC): The Israeli Reform Movement’s legal arm which brings dozens of cases before their Supreme Court in defense of freedom of religion, civil rights, racial equality and Israeli democracy.
- The New Israel Fund: The New Israel Fund (NIF) helps Israel live up to its founders’ vision of a society that ensures complete equality to all its inhabitants. Its aim is to advance liberal democracy, including freedom of speech and minority rights, and to fight the inequality, injustice and extremism that diminish Israel.
- Israeli Movement for Progressive Judaism (IMPJ): The umbrella organization for the Reform Movement in Israel, supporting the Reform congregations and rabbis.
See previous news updates